Saturday, February 20, 2010

{8} Personal Update


Just a quick note that I will have new content on this blog soon. We are about halfway through the Winter Olympics, and the experience of having it in our own backyard is incredible. The highlight so far has been watching the Practice Session for the Men's Figure Skating last Thursday morning. The guys went for the Gold that night (congrats to Evan Lysacek!), and being able to watch them do their routines beforehand was fantastic.

Tonight we're going to the Medal Award Ceremony at BC Place (we need to leave for that in about an hour). We have company in from out of town until Tuesday. I hope to get a post up before then - probably a revised version of a soc.genealogy.medieval post from a few years ago.

I'm currently re-reading the first two chapters of Michael Prestwich's biography of Edward I, and hope to have another Plantagenet post up later next week.

In the meantime, check out Susan Higginbotham's great post on Edmund, Earl of Rutland, and Kathryn Warner's post on Isabella Mortimer, Lady Fitzalan.

3 comments:

  1. Vancouver is certainly putting on a great show! Hope you have fun. I watched the men's skate final. They were amazing, although the Russian did not look happy at all! Looking forward to your next post - but make the most of having all that Olympics to go and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your next post, Brad! Glad you're enjoying the Olympics - must be great having it on your doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, the Olympics are enough of a distraction even if you can only watch them on TV. Just well I'm a nightowl or I would seriously be sleep deprived by now. ;)

    Btw, the coach of the German cross country skiing team was my classmate. Long ago, lol. Back in the 70ies I did my fun tours in the same area the Olympic team used for training, but I never had the ambition to train hard enough to get to that level.

    ReplyDelete