|Lady Arabella Fermor-Hesketh(1828-1870)|
Ruvigny, on p. 312 of his 1903 Tudor volume, lists Lady Arabella Fermor-Hesketh, and her descendants up to that point. The account below elaborates on Lady Arabella's children, as well as her line of descent from Henry VII traced by Ruvigny.
|Descendants of Lady Arabella Fermor-Hesketh from Ruvigny's 1903 Tudor volume|
|Sir Thomas Fermor-Hesketh, 7th Bt|
Issue of Lady Arabella and Sir Thomas Fermor-Hesketh, 5th Bt:
1) Sir THOMAS HENRY FERMOR-HESKETH, 6th Baronet of Rufford, b. 9 Jan. 1847 Misterton Hall, Leicestershire, bap. 15 Apr. 1847 St Mary Church, Rufford; d. unm. 28 May 1876 Fermor Lodge, Southport, Lancashire, bur. 29 May 1876 St Mary Church, Rufford.
2) Sir THOMAS GEORGE FERMOR-HESKETH, 7th Baronet of Rufford, b. 9 May 1849 Rufford Hall, bap. 3 June 1849 St Mary Church, Rufford; d. 19 Apr. 1924 Park Hall, Towcester, Northamptonshire, bur. 24 Apr. 1924 St Mary Church, Rufford; m. 23 Dec. 1880 Ralston Hall, Belmont, San Mateo County, California, FLORENCE EMILY SHARON, b. c.1858 San Francisco, San Francisco County, CA; d. 25 Sept. 1924 Euston Hall, Suffolk, dau. of William Tang Sharon of San Francisco, U.S. Senator for Nevada 1875-81 (1821-1885) and his 1st wife Maria Malloy (1832-1875), and had issue, two sons.
|1st Baron Hesketh|
Issue of Sir Thomas and Florence (Sharon) Fermor-Hesketh:
2A) THOMAS FERMOR-HESKETH, 1st Baron Hesketh 1935-44, b. 17 Nov. 1881 Rufford Hall, Lancashire, bap. 23 Dec. 1881 St Mary Church, Rufford; d. 20 July 1944 Easton Neston House, Northamptonshire, bur. 24 July 1944 St Mary Church, Easton Neston; m. 3 Sept. 1909 British Embassy, Paris, France, FLORENCE LOUISE BRECKINRIDGE, b. 31 Dec. 1880 San Francisco; d. 4 Mar. 1956 Easton Neston House, bur. 8 Mar. 1956 St Mary Church, Easton Neston, dau. of John Witherspoon Owen Breckinridge of Merced, Member California State Assembly 1884-85 (1850-1892) and Louise Tevis (1858-1938), and had issue, three sons and two daughters.
2B) Lt. FREDERICK FERMOR-HESKETH, b. 24 Sept. 1883 Ireland; disappeared unm. 29 Oct. 1910 Ireland (believed a victim of foul play).
|Fermor-Hesketh of Rufford coat of arms|
[1st & 4th, Hesketh; 2nd & 3rd, Fermor]
4) EDITH ELIZABETH HESKETH, b. Oct. 1851 Rufford Hall, bap. 9 Nov. 1851 St Mary Church, Rufford; d. 27 Dec. 1931 Lyncote, Parkstone, Dorset; m. 10 Aug. 1871 St Paul Church, Knightsbridge, London, LAWRENCE RAWSTORNE of Penwortham Priory, Lancashire, b. 6 Aug. 1842 Penwortham Priory; d. 11 Nov. 1938 Lyncote, Parkstone, son of Lawrence Rawstorne of Penwortham Priory (c.1775-1850, descended from Henry IV) and his 2nd wife Margaret Elizabeth Ledward (1817-1886), and had issue two sons and one daughter.
5) CONSTANCE MARIA HESKETH, bap. 26 Mar. 1854 St Mary Church, Rufford; d. unm. bef. 1924[*1].
6) AUGUSTA SOPHIA HESKETH, bap. 27 May 1855 St Mary Church, Rufford; d. unm., bur. there 11 June 1875.
[*1] I cannot uncover a date of death for Constance Hesketh. It's clear from the newspaper accounts of the death and funeral of her brother the 7th baronet, that Constance had predeceased him. Ruvigny lists her in the Tudor volume, so presumably she was living when it was published in 1903. The 1924 edition of Burke's Peerage (the earliest 20th-century edition which I have access to here in Vancouver) states only that she died unmarried, with no date.
Henry VII had a dau:
1) Princess MARY TUDOR, b. 18 Mar. 1496 Richmond Palace, Surrey; d. 25 June 1533 Westhorpe Hall, Suffolk, bur. 22 July 1533 Bury St Edmunds Abbey, Suffolk; m. 2nd 31 Mar. 1515 Paris, France, CHARLES BRANDON, 1st Duke of Suffolk, b. c.1483; d. 22 Aug. 1545 Guildford, Surrey, bur. 9 Sept. 1545 St George Chapel, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, yr son of Sir William Brandon (c.1453-1485, descended from Edward I) and Elizabeth Bruyn (d. 1494), and had
2) Lady FRANCES BRANDON, b. 16 July 1517 Hatfield, Hertfordshire, bap. 18 July 1517 St Ethelreda Church, Hatfield; d. 21 Nov. 1559 Richmond Palace, Surrey, bur. 5 Dec. 1559 St Edmund Chapel, Westminster Abbey; m. 1st May 1533 Suffolk House, Southwark, Surrey, HENRY GREY, 1st Duke of Suffolk, b. 17 Jan. 1517 Bradgate Hall, Leicestershire; d. 23 Feb. 1554 Tower of London, est son of Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset (1477-1530, descended from Edward III) and his 2nd wife Margaret Wotton (d. 1541), and had
|Katherine (née Grey),|
Countess of Hertford -
see Generation 3
4) EDWARD SEYMOUR, Lord Beauchamp, b. 24 Sept. 1561 Tower of London, bap. there 26 Sept. 1561; d. 13 July 1612 Wick, Wiltshire, bur. St Mary Church, Great Bedwyn, Wiltshire; m. 1581 HONORA ROGERS, dau of Sir Richard Rogers of Bryanston (c.1527-1605, descended from Edward I) & his 1st wife Cecilia Luttrell (d. 1566, descended from Edward I), and had
5) FRANCIS SEYMOUR, 1st Baron Seymour of Trowbridge, b. c.1590; d. 12 July 1664, bur. St Mary Church, Great Bedwyn, Wiltshire; m. 1st c.1620, FRANCES PRYNNE, bap. 8 Apr. 1602 St Andrew Church, Chippenham, Wiltshire; d. 6 Sept. 1626 Marlborough Castle, Preshute, Wiltshire, bur. 7 Sept. 1626 St Peter & St Paul Church, Marlborough, dau. of Sir Gilbert Prynne of Allington (d. 1627) and Mary Davies (d. 1628), and had
6) CHARLES SEYMOUR, 2nd Baron Seymour of Trowbridge, b. 5 Feb. 1621; d. 25 Aug. 1665, bur. 7 Sept. 1665 St James Church, Trowbridge, Wiltshire; m. 2nd by 1654, as her 1st husband, Hon. ELIZABETH ALINGTON, b. Bottisham Hall, Cambridgeshire, bap. 16 Sept. 1635 Holy Trinity Church, Bottisham; bur. 30 Oct. 1692 All Saints Church, Horseheath, Cambridgeshire, est dau. of William, 1st Baron Alington of Killard (1611-1648, descended from Edward III) and Elizabeth Tollemache (1616-1671, descended from Edward III), and had
|St Mary Church, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex|
8) ELIZABETH GERARD, b. Mar. 1678 Flambards House, bap. 2 Apr. 1678 St Mary Church, Harrow on the Hill; bur. there 15 Feb. 1766; m. 1st 23 Mar. 1709 St Bartholomew the Less, London, her 1st cousin once removed, WARWICK LAKE of Canons Park, Little Stanmore, Middlesex, b. there, bap. 13 Apr. 1661 St Lawrence Church, Little Stanmore; bur. there 14 May 1713, yst son of Sir Lancelot Lake of Canons Park (1609-1680) and Frances Cheke (1617-1678, descended from Edward III), and had
|1st Viscount Lake - see|
11) Hon. ANNA MARIA LAKE, bap. 19 Sept. 1775 St Michael & All Angels Church, Aston Clinton; d. 14 June 1863 Mayfair, London; m. 21 Aug. 1799 Ireland, Sir RICHARD BOROUGH, 1st Baronet of Coolock Park, b. 18 Apr. 1756 Ireland; d. 22 Jan. 1837 Portland Place, London, son of Richard Borough of Querrin and Dorothy Jones, and had
12) AMABEL ELIZABETH BOROUGH, b. 10 Apr. 1802 Westminster, London, bap. 18 May 1802 St Marylebone Parish Church; d. 12 July 1889 Chaldon, Bournemouth, Hampshire; m. 1st 13 Jan. 1823 St George Hanover Square, THOMAS WILLIAM FERMOR, 4th Earl of Pomfret, b. 22 Nov. 1770 Sunbury Court, Middlesex, bap. 29 Dec. 1770 St Mary Church, Sunbury; d. 29 June 1833 Portman Square, London, bur. 7 July 1833 St Mary Church, Easton Neston, yr son of George Fermor, 2nd Earl of Pomfret (1722-1785, descended from Henry IV) and Anna Maria Delagarde [later Draycott] (1733-1787), and had
13) Lady (Anna Maria) Arabella Fermor (1828-1870 - see details above) m. Sir Thomas Hesketh, 5th Baronet of Rufford
The next post will look at the Henry IV line of descent, and the descendants, of Lawrence Rawstorne, son-in-law of Lady Arabella Fermor-Hesketh.