|Eyston of Hendred coat of arms|
[Sable three lions rampant, or]
|Hendred House, Oxfordshire, seat of the Eyston family since the mid-15th century|
Agnes is an 8th-generation descendant of Charles II.
|Mary (née Tudor), Countess of|
Derwentwater - see Generation 1
CHARLES II = Mary Davies (c.1651-1708), and had a dau
1) Lady MARY TUDOR, illegit., b. 16 Oct. 1673; d. 5 Nov. 1726 Paris, France; m. 1st 18 Aug. 1687, EDWARD RADCLIFFE, 2nd Earl of Derwentwater, b. 9 Dec. 1655; d. 29 Apr. 1705 London, est son of Francis Radcliffe, 1st Earl of Derwentwater (1625-1696, descended from Edward III) and Katherine Fenwick (descended from Edward III), and had
2) JAMES RADCLIFFE, 3rd Earl of Derwentwater, b. 26 June 1689 Piccadilly, London; d. (executed) 24 Feb. 1716 Tower Hill, London, bur. Dalston Chapel, Northumberland; m. 10 July 1712, ANNA MARIA WEBB, b. 1693; d. 19 Aug. 1723 Brussels, Belgium, est dau. of Sir John Webb, 3rd Baronet of Odstock (c.1670-1745, descended from Edward III) and his 1st wife Hon. Barbara Bellasis (c.1673-1740, descended from Edward III), and had
3) Lady ANNA MARIA BARBARA RADCLIFFE, b. 1716; d. 31 Mar. 1760 Ingatestone Hall, Essex, bur. 4 Apr. 1760 St Edmund & St Mary Church, Ingatestone; m. 2 May 1732 St Pauls Cathedral, London, ROBERT JAMES PETRE, 8th Baron Petre of Writtle, b. 3 June 1713; d. 2 July 1742, bur. 8 July 1782 St Edmund & St Mary Church, Ingatestone, est son of Robert, 7th Baron Petre (1690-1713, descended from Edward III) and Catherine Walmesley (1698-1785, descended from Edward III), and had
|10th Baron Petre - see|
6) Hon. ELIZABETH ANNE MARY PETRE, b. 12 Dec. 1798 at Grosvenor Square, London; d. 4 Mar. 1848 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, bur. 11 Mar. 1848 St Michael Chapel, Mapledurham House, Oxfordshire; m. 15 May 1817 Grosvenor Square, as his 1st wife, MICHAEL HENRY BLOUNT of Mapledurham House, b. 8 Aug. 1789 London; d. 3 Sept. 1874 Mapledurham House, bur. 10 Sept. 1874 St Michael Chapel, Mapledurham House, son of Michael Blount of Mapledurham House (1743-1821, possibly descended from Edward IV) and his 2nd wife Catherine Petre (1760-1845, descended from Edward III), and had
|St Mary Catholic Church,|
8) AGNES MARY EYSTON (1870-1961-see details above) m. Col. Charles M.T. Western
Since there were several intermarriages between the Petre and Howard families in the 18th and 19th centuries, I'll explore in detail the remaining ancestry of the parents of Hon. Elizabeth Anne Mary (Petre) Blount when I return to the Howards of Norfolk and their spouses.
My next post will cover the Edward IV descents of the parents of Agnes Mary (Eyston) Western.